Curbside Collection Schedule 2014
Dunellen Recycling happens every other Wednesday.
- January 4, 15, 29
- February 12, 26
- March 12, 26
- April 9, 23
- May 7, 21
- June 4, 18
- July 2, 16, 30
- August 13, 27
- September 10, 24
- October 8, 22
- November 5, 19
- December 3, 17, 31
Recycling collection holidays for 2014: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If your collection day falls on any of these holidays, collection is rescheduled for the following Saturday.
NOTE: Municipal Public Works holidays do NOT affect the recycling collection schedule.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- (732) 968-5455 Dunellen Recycling Coordinator & Department of Public Works
- Recycling Hotline: (800) 488-MCIA (6242) Curbside Recycling Collection, Service Matters & Information
Changes in collection schedules due to weather emergencies or other emergency situations will be announced on the following radio stations: WCTC (1450 AM) and WMGQ (98.3 FM). You may also check for changes on the web site at www.mciauth.com or by calling 800-488-MCIA (6242) for specific information.
LEAVES, BRUSH, AND GRASS
- LEAVES will be collected weekly, October – December and April – May. Leaves must be bagged in the paper leaf bags that were provided to you by the Borough and then placed curbside. No other method can be used or the leaves will not be collected. Paper leaf bags are available at the Borough Garage, Recycling Center, during normal business hours or on Wednesday evenings at the Library from October 1 – November 19 (limit: 20 bags per resident).
- TREE LIMBS will be collected only during the months of March, April and September. Limbs should not be more than 6 inches in diameter and should be in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length. Limbs, logs and roots can be dropped off at the Recycling Drop- off Center year-round. ROOTS MUST BE FREE OF DIRT.
- CLIPPINGS, YARD WASTE AND GRASS must be brought to the Recycling Drop-off Center either loose or bagged in paper or plastic. Residents must empty grass clippings that are in plastic bags into the specified Dumpster. Residents may keep plastic bags for reuse or place them in the separate trash container.
- DUNELLEN’S RECYCLING DROP-OFF CENTER is located at the Department of Public Works facility on Hall Street. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday. It is closed on Sundays and holidays. All items collected curbside are accepted, as well as white goods/appliances, scrap metal, auto motor oil, hardcover books and rigid plastics. Also accepted are leaves and grass (bagged in paper bags or loose), and brush. Tires are not accepted.
- METAL/WHITE GOODS/APPLIANCES are collected curbside by appointment only on the third Wednesday of the month. Refrigerators and air conditioners are accepted. Call (732) 968- 5455 to arrange for a pick-up.
SCHOOL BOOK RECYCLiNG
- Students throughout the County are getting hands-on recycling education with the introduction of a book recycling program sponsored by the MCIA and the County. Outdated hardcover and softcover books that can no longer be used, sold or given away are being recycled in this program. Students remove the hardcovers from the books then reap the rewards. The recycling processor pays for each ton recycled. This program is not for residential use.
- Middlesex County residents are invited to recycle old documents and confidential files safely and securely at mobile shredding events scheduled throughout the year. Bring old files, receipts, bills, financial statements and any documents that have not been recycled due to confidentiality concerns and watch them get shredded on-site. Call the County Division of Solid Waste Management, 732-745-4170, for dates and locations.
RECYCLING SERVICE INFORMATION
(800) 488-MCIA (6242)
Municipal recycling schedules available at http://www.mciauth.com
MCIA DIVISION OF RECYCLING 55 Edgeboro Road East Brunswick, NJ 08816 Phone: (800) 488-MCIA Fax: (732) 628-0338 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Edward J. Windas, Recycling Manager
MCIA ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE 101 Interchange Plaza, Ste. 202 Cranbury, NJ 08512 Phone: (609) 655-5141 Fax: (609) 655-4748 E-mail: email@example.com Web site: www.mciauth.com
MCIA BOARD Leonard J. Roseman, Chairman; Robert J. Mantz; Jacque Eaker; Anthony Raczynski; Camille Fernicola; Richard Pucci, Executive Director
MIDDLESEX COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS Ronald G. Rios, Freeholder Director; Blanquita B. Valenti, Deputy Freeholder Director; Kenneth Armwood; Carol Barrett Bellante; Stephen J. Dalina; H. James Polos; Charles E. Tomaro
Requests for assistance or materials in alternate formats should be directed to Jane S. Leal by phone at (609) 655-5141, through the New Jersey Relay Service at (800) 852-7899 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
source: DUNELLEN 2014 Recycling Guide